Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Light of Education goes to......... MARK!

I know Mark is an awesome teacher but this night proved that others do too!! Mark was nominated and won the Light of Education award for his school. There was an awards banquet and dinner for the whole district. His Principal wrote some very nice things about him (I wish I had a copy of that letter) that was read as he was given his award. In addition to the award and because they know him so well they also gave him a little extra gift, a round of golf! They really know him well. The staff at his school are so nice and they wanted him to enjoy this very well deserved night so much that they offered their teenage daughters or to pay for a sitter. For those of you that know me, that was a challenge, but we did get a sitter and I can't believe how much the staff offered to pay for it. We know from personal experience that teachers aren't really "rollin' in the dough", so for them to be so generous and kind, only tells me they really appreciate Mark and the contribution he makes to the school. We had a wonderful night, a great dinner and Mark brought home another award! I will put it right next to his Educator of the Year plaque he got in 2005. Congratulations Mark! I love you and thank you for being the wonderful person that you are!
When we got home the kids were happy to see us (which always feels so good) and Kendra was ready with a congratulations! Of course the boys followed in toe, not even knowing the meaning of the word I am sure, but with a heartfelt hug anyway. Travis is amazing and always keeps us laughing. He tried several times to eat the apple on top. He kept saying "apple" and was a bit confused as to why he couldn't sink his teeth in to it. He is our best eater!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is really neat. Didn't you say you wanted a job at Dayton High? :)

Cindy said...

Mark Congratulations! I always knew you were awesome!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! I'm so glad you get recognition for what a great teacher and person you are. Your kids (school and home) are so lucky. Mom & Dad

Stephanie said...

How exciting for you. Congratulations! You guys bring your kids over here so you can go out. My kids and, of course, Blake and I, would love it.

Anonymous said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S Mr. Mark. A very well deserve recognition. We had alot of fun and I am glad we could help. love, mom/grammy

Coverley said...

That is AWESOME, Mark! What achievements they recognize you for. Congratulations!!! CC