What an AWESOME time we had!! Some really good friends of ours called & said they had extra tickets toSesame Street Live:Elmo's Green Thumbin Reno this week & wanted to know if we wanted the tickets. OF COURSE! I had already told Mark last week I wished one of us could take Kendra. What a Blast. Although it did run right through bed time, the boys did pretty good. However about 15 minutes in Trevor bit into a light stick. (sorry no pictures I was panicking, but it did look pretty cool.) His mouth & down his chin was brightpurple!!! I cleaned him up with my sleeve & turned my head only to see that Travis had bit in to hisgreen stick & had florescent teeth. Once that was all cleaned up & the light sticks thrown away we had a pretty good time. Kendra was up out of her seat dancing the whole time. We tried to video her but it was too dark. T&T really only know the "older" characters from the books they look at that I had when I was a kid. Kendra watches the TV show so she knew all the characters even though they introduced each one at the start of the show. When you ask Trevor if he liked to see Cookie Monster or Big Bird he says "Yeah! He was talking" Then it dawned on me he has only seen them in a book so that was fascinating to him!! If you ask Travis about it he says "Oscar" (which sounds more like he is clearing his throat) & signs grumpy. So cute! All day today Kendra has been doing magic like Abby Cadabby, making up rhymes & such. I love Sesame Street! I love all the characters (except for Baby bear. I don't like his "baby" talk. I don't think a learning show should teach children that an R sounds like a W) & I love the bright colors! As you can see we dressed appropriately. :-) The funniest part of the night for Mark & I was the drive home. You could really tell we live in a VERY small town. On the way there, not such a big deal, but on the drive home it was dark & the concert was in down town Reno, right by all the hotel/casinos. Both the boys really liked all the lights & VERY tall buildings, as much if not more then the show. Kendra even spotted the Silver Legacy's green round building. It was so funny! (for those of you that know the area) We had gotten a little away for the casino's & down town & there is this one last Hotel/Casino right by the hwy, as we passed it Trevor says SO loudly & with such intensity "WOW! LOOK AT THAT! HUUUUGE!!!" We both laughed out loud! It was SO funny! I think the tallest building they are used to is our grocery store. Any way the night was a blast & hopefully made some good memories!
2 comments:
Kendra,
It was great to talk to you today. I am glad you had such a memorable time!
W O W sounds like a great time!!! Sure glad you could go. Always need to see new things and make new memories! grammy
Post a Comment