Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cook Kendra

Kendra was needing something to do during the time that it took me to put the boys down for a nap (besides TV). I have this great sister-in-law that gave me this awesome idea. Kendra's new job is making an afternoon snack for Momma and herself. I told her she could use any food in the house that didn't need to be cut or heated up. When I came out she had filled 2 plates with fish crackers, carrots, prunes, graham crackers with peanut butter and 2 Hershey kisses and had obviously tried unsuccessfully to peal an orange. She said she had started out with only 2 carrots (there was 2 of everything else on the plate) but then gave us more so that we would be able to see better in the dark (I think she wanted to finish off the bag) While we were sitting and enjoying our snack she said with great intensity "Thank you, thank you Mommy I wanted to do this for my whole life!!" Then she asked me what day of the week it was and asked if every Tuesday could be Cook Kendra day. Why not I said.

The following week for Family Home Evening, Cook Kendra shined again! She found a recipe for a Tall Giraffe in a magazine she gets in the mail monthly from her Grandma Jean.

**A Tall Giraffe**
Fill a tall glass with the following ingredients:
2 scoops of Sherbet (we used lime)
a splash for ginger ale (she left that out "because Soda pop gives you cavities" Dad added Mt Dew to his Shh)
Orange Juice
A sliced orange on the rim
Add a straw and enjoy!!!
It was pretty good. She made one for every one, even an appropriate size for her brothers.
I like having another cook in the house, it lightens my load. And I love helping Kendra do new things!!!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Kendra,
Kenzie loves to cook too. We should get you girls together to cook! Love Ya

jewelandfamily said...

What a great idea to have Kendra have something so special just for her. What fun ideas you have. I wish I was 1/2 as creative as you are!
-Julie

Dana and Nick said...

She is absolutly adorable!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! You can make some for us sometime. G-Pa & G-Ma

Lisa said...

Wow, that sister-in-law of yours is a genius! You are so lucky to have her. Kendra really looks grown up in those pictures. She is beautiful just like her Mom!

Anonymous said...

Can I have one someday, they sound delicious. I must come on a Kenda Cook Day! What a great great idea. love you, grammy