Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day

I am not sure once a year is enough. But I guess we really do only get one birthday and one Christmas a year so I suppose it wouldn't be fair to have Mothers day once a month. :-) Just kidding.
About a week ago, a package was to arrive and I was given strict instructions to not even look at the size of the box. Kendra was to bring it in and hide it under the bed. The day before Kendra asked me about every hour if it was Mothers day yet. Sometimes I think she really gets the concept of time, but then other times ...I don't know.
Sunday morning I was awoken by every one with purple tulips and a gift bag. Kendra, with ants in her pants, looks up at Mark and says "can she open it now?" She was so excited for me to open it, however I don't think she even knew what it was until I opened it because it was still in the mailing package. ANY way it was a book. A really cool book! I was our blog printed out into a book. I LOVE it!!!! I love blogging because it has helped me keep a great record of my family, but I really don't enjoy the digital world we live in!! I don't text, I don't twitter, I don't even E-mail, so to have a copy of our blog in my hands is priceless to me!! I was showered with other little gift through out the rest of the day. But after opening the big gift in the morning, Cook Kendra showed up again. This time with a menu. Mark had printed out the cutest menu and she just had to circle how may and what I wanted on my crepes. She was beaming the whole time.
I love being a Mom!!! And the fact that I have the greatest kids in the world, makes being a Mom the best thing I have ever done in my whole life!!!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Being a mother is great! That never changes.

Lisa said...

I am so glad you are feeling the love. I hope by the time my twins are 2, I will feel the love again too.

soggycheerios said...

Mark did good! Sounds like a great mothers day to me. I still haven't found a good way to put my blog in a book, maybe I can come and look at yours.
Connie

Anonymous said...

How precious your Mother's Day sounds. You are very much loved by everyone you touch. and you are a SuperdeedooperdeepooperbestestMOM ever!!!!! love, your mom