Marks comment, as we were standing in the VERY long line to shake the have of an Apostle of the Lord, was "Wow! Probably a once in a life time opportunity, there are fewer Apostles than there are NFL quarterbacks in this world." If you know Mark at all, that was par for the course for him. His children will learn that soon. We were very excited about this special conference & didn't want to miss a thing from it. But how were we going to do that with two barley 2 year olds & a 4 1/2 year old. We considered a baby sitter or only one of us going but in the end we made the right choice, we all went & the kids did awesome! (in spite of the fire alarm being pulled in the middle of it all) Even part of Elder Bednar's talk confirmed for me we had made the right choice as he explained that even the children of an apostle show up for morning scripture study with messy hair & sloppy clothes & interruptions like "make him stop looking at me" & "he's breathing my air". I realized they are "getting it" even though they are not sitting as still or seem as focused as they can to a video or cartoon. Kendra was pretty excited to see the Apostle, even picked out a new dress the night before & hung it up so she would be ready & not late for church.
His talk started out addressing the non-members in the congregation with an explanation & break down of the full name of the church. Being a convert myself I found that very in lighting but more than that I found myself wishing so badly that my mother was with us! To feel that undeniable spirit & hear his message so clearly.... I know it would have moved her.
This was a day for me to remember & one to remind my children about. I am thankful we had this opportunity.
1 comment:
Maybe I should have gone when Mark invited me. It sounds like it was a very moving experience for you all. I am glad you were all able to go. mom
Post a Comment