Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chirp Chirp



Kendra came running in to my room the other day, out of breath and in a total panic!! "Mom, there's a cricket in the house!" I followed her to the family room and found a rather large , dead (so I thought) cricket on the big bean bag. I grabbed a large measuring cup and a piece of card board and scooped it up, placed it in the middle of the pool table and put a weight on top. (I DO NOT like bugs!!! ) I thought I would make sure it was dead, then let the kids get a closer look. I searched for a magnifying glass with no success. (we'll have to get one of those) All 3 of the kids watched it all day long. Travis was especially fascinated and was bringing it toys - his new train tracks. Once the kids went to bed I checked it out. One of it's hind legs had fallen off and was not moving, so I was sure it was dead and was going to let the kids check it out up close in the morning. The next day... it was ALIVE again!! We waited another day, leaving it in the middle of the table it stopped moving and again I was sure it was dead. Nope the stinkin' thing came back to life! I couldn't believe it!!! Well after 3 days the kids had forgotten about it and I had set it aside. So officially dead I let them look at it and then we tossed it. I am sure many of you Mom's with all boys think I am just crazy. I just didn't want it to jump up and startle me and in turn scare the kids. I don't want to pass my fear of bugs on to them, if I can keep from it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I must admit, I have saved bugs for Reid to take care of when he got home. I do fear that my kids will be scared of bugs if I am, so I pretend to not be scared if the kids are around.