Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A TnT Birthday Party

Saturday was great! Trevor woke up saying "Today, my happy birthday party?" He had been waiting all week & I don't think he had any clue that it was also Travis' "happy birthday". I had a ton to do as this little family gathering for a 2 year old birthday party had turned into quite an ordeal - just meaning there was a lot of people, but I was very excited. First thing first, take the icing out to get it to room temperature so I could finish the cakes. In the mean time getting Kendra ready for her soccer game I was done braiding her hair when I realised I had not heard the boys for a bit.... can you guess? YES! They each had a large bowl of icing in front of them and were going to town! Wish I had taken a picture! I didn't know weather to scream or laugh. They had taken the bowls from the counter top & "followed house rules" & were eating at the table. Really wish I had grabbed the camera!! Any way cleaned that up & sent Kendra & Trevor with Daddy to the soccer game while Travis & I got busy making food for 40 & decorating cakes.
I love making birthday cakes for my kids! I start planing it weeks a head & spend hours doing it. This year was TnT for Travis & Trevor's #2. I gave they boys each their own cake again this year to eat/destroy. :-) A giant cupcake with dynamite stick candles, & the party cake was a the igniter. They boys make a huge mess & LOVED their cakes. They had been practicing all week how to blow out the candles but when it came time it appeared they had some help from cousins.

There were 13 cousins here! (including my kids) We were SO excited that the Robisons were making a trip to Calf & passing through here on Saturday, so Henry & James were able to attend. We will try to return the favor boys. Great Uncle Stanly and Aunt Bonnie
Our neighbors Toni & Pete (the Boys call him Peta) They have become kind of adoptive grandparents to my kids.
Grandma Sandy and Papa
The whole party was a blast even with missed naps. It was wonderful to have all these people here in one place to celebrate the day Travis & Trevor were born because they love them too.
Isn't that was Birthday parties are all about!!

To my boys:
You have each grown SO much! I have loved watching you learn all kinds of new things this year! To walk and talk and sign, to feed your self's and throw balls and ride bikes, to climb and sing and say dinner & bed time prayers. You are both amazing to me & I love you more today than I did the day you were born! You have made our family compleate!
Happy Happy Birthday
Travis Robert and Trevor Stevon!
I love you!
~ Love Mommy xoxo xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree ... that IS what birthday parties are all about. Glad to have been there. It was a very fun day! grammy