I had finished bathing all 3 kids and took Travis out first, dressed him and sent him on his way. While I was dressing the other two I could hear Travis tinkering around in the kitchen. When I was done I went in to see what he was up to. As you know from previous posts, I have had a problem with the boys sliding the dining room chairs into the kitchen and getting into things. I recently thought this problem was under control. WRONG! I walked in to see Travis with his
entire finger in the end of a brand new loaf of bread.

I quickly (and maybe a bit loudly) said his name, in turn startling him a little (he obviously knew he was doing something he shouldn't) I helped him down from the chair, pushed the bread to the back of the counter and returned the chair to the table. I thought to myself "hopefully only 1 or 2 slices would go stale before the loaf was finished" Not another thought. Just another twin mom challenge tackled. WRONG AGAIN!
Mark got home later that night and was making himself a sandwich when he called me into the kitchen and pointed to the loaf of bread. This is what I saw...

My jaw dropped and I was speechless, because
I knew exactly how that got there and I was trying to get the image of my 2 year old standing on a chair with a 6 inch kitchen knife in his hand, out of my head. He was wondering why Costco had sold me a loaf of bread with a knife in it. Once the panic had stopped, I explained to Mark "where I was" when this happened, then I thanked my Heavenly Father that Travis was not hurt at all and found a new place to store the knife set. Then I finally laughed a bit and took a picture. This story could have had a VERY different out come. I think when Heavenly Father sends you 2 babies at one time he helps you out in time like this. This child could be the reason I loose my mind. Just kidding. He just really keeps me on my toes. I love you Travis Robert!
PS After posting this and looking at the pictures closely, I also went and placed plug covers over the outlets on the counters too.
3 comments:
Oh Wow! That is pretty scary! Jacob once shoved his light saber through a loaf of bread. When I went to use a slice, I thought maybe a mouse had gotten into it at the store or the factory or something. Finally, I mentioned the whole, and Jacob admitted to it. I was ready to throw the loaf away with the image of a mouse nibbling away!
Darcy
Oh my gosh. How scarey but funny. I can't stop laughing. One time, I had bread cooling on the counter and Colton came in holding a loaf and chewing on the other end as if it was his own. It was funny wish I got a picture.
Yes that was alittle scary but sure glad we can laugh about it now. Maybe you should just remove the chairs??? Just kidding. grammy
Post a Comment