Mark says he came from the fire wood we just got and it's not as big as I think/say. He's still creepy!
THE NEXT DAY
Heeeeeesss Baaaaaaaack!
The boys found "Mr Bug" in the back yard again this morning. I grabbed a large jar this time. He was struggling, looked like maybe he was dying, so I mustered up the courage and showed no fear and capture him. (maybe I can be a boy mom after all) This is a MUCH better was to look at him!!!! We now see he has some blue coloring to his body and his "tail end" keeps going in and out like it may have a stinger in it or something. Kendra thinks his wings look like a honey comb. He is a pretty big bug, I don't think I exaggerated. He's at least the length of my thumb and with those legs and when he holds his wings up.... BIG BUG!!! Any way, we have now made him our new pet and the kids have named him Honey Comb Big Wings Ghost Gardner. Kendra gave him the "Honey Comb" part, "Big Wings" came from Trevor and Travis called him "Ghost", and of course he is a Gardner now. We will keep him for a few days (and I'll try not to scream when I pass by him) but definitely long enough to show Daddy that he really is that big. Hopefully he doesn't shrivel up and die before Daddy gets home from work. 
6 comments:
Looks like a flying ant on steroids.
Maybe a queen carpenter ant that transferred in with the wood. You may have to do some exterminating. If you captured it in a jar check with the exterminator or show him the picture. From your local bugology mom.
Mark says these bugs come from the fire wood we just got, he also says they are not as BIG as I think/say. :-( Still creapy! ~KT
Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! My guess is also some kind of flying carpenter ant but I like the idea of spraying the wood pile so you don't find other unknowns in your backyard (or house).
Katy I'm so proud of you for having the courage to capture that gross thing. YUCK, I think I would have brought the kids in and locked the door until I had a written guarantee that he and all his gross little buggy friends were gone.
Connie
Now THAT is impressive! Looks pretty BIG to me, Mark. Don't think I could have gotten close enough with the jar, but then I did have to take care of some pretty big, what I call potatoe bugs, in the back yard at the center. Aren't we amazing to do what we have to do at any given time when there is no one else around to do it. Lets hear it for MOMS !!! grammy
Post a Comment