So let me explain. We went skiing again and when we stopped back by Mom and Dad's, they asked us if we could do a few things around the house. One of the things was to cut back all the suckers that had grown up around a tree and trim some of the branches up and away. No problem, so I thought. I started by getting the suckers cut away from most of the tree, but not the back side yet. I then started trimming some of the branches to make it look more like a tree. I finally got down under the back side of the tree by the fence and was cutting away. I cut one branch that was skinny, but long. As I pulled on it, I heard a bee sound by my ear so I ran out thinking there was a bee there. No big deal, I would just go back in and finish the job. As I started back in, I noticed several of these things that I thought were bees. When I looked more closely, I realized that there was a HUGE wasps nest. I know, most of you are thinking how big could it really be? When I say HUGE, that is what I mean. This picture doesn't do justice to the size of it. The fence post to the right of it is a 6 X 6 post, and it sticks out way past that. If I had to guess, I would say it is about 10 inches round and about 15 inches tall. At that point, I decided to be done for the day with trimming the tree. Someone is coming Wednesday to take care of the problem. Maybe one of the other kids could come help Mom and Dad next. Just kidding!
4 comments:
It's true, the picture doesn't do it justice. This thing was huge! I've never seen anything like it (except on Winnie the Pooh).
Woah!!! That thing is huge even if the picture doesn't do it justice. Glad nothing "bad" happened to you!!!
Darcy
Kendra wanted to know if Grandma Sandy would be willing to share some of her honey from the bee hive.
W O W sure glad you were not hurt. That thing is HUGE!!!! cj
Post a Comment