Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A REAL Princess!

Hear Ye!! Hear Ye!! A Royal proclamation was sent, and Kendra was invited to a Princess party at the Workman Manor!
What a fun idea! Not a birthday party or anything just a "themed play date". Kendra had a blast! She layed out her 4 favorite dress up outfits, in an effort to decide what to wear to the party. (I had a small glimpse into our future,YIKES!)
Then we had to try each one on AND take a picture so we could compare. I thought we were set on Cinderella. (turned out there were 4 other Cinderellas at the party)
Then a last minute change, she wanted to be her own princess (meaning not a fairytale princess) Insert a plug for one of my favorite children's books: If you have girls (or even some boys may like this one) you HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO read Princess Grace by Mary Hoffman. I took that opportunity to explain to her that she IS in fact a REAL princess. I reminded her that she is a daughter of a King and that that makes her a real princess! It made her smile. I hope she will remember that for the rest of her life, I intend to continue reminding her.

We did her hair and off we went. She had a great time. They played Princess and the Pea with pillows and a tennis ball, made fancy jewelery and played poison ball on the trampoline. But the ball really wasn't poisoness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So this is what a REAL PRINCESS looks like. You are truly beautiful Princess Kendra! love you, grammy