Thursday, August 27, 2009

Little Sand + Little Sun = Much Needed Fun

Daddy has only been back to work a week now and Momma is already goin' crazy in the house with nobody above the age of 4 to talk to. I realised I had maybe voiced that a bit too much when Trevor told me "you make me crazy Mommy". So looking for something to do that doesn't cost anything.... we were off to Lakeland. Left the house a wreck, packed a lunch, some sand toys, the suits and the camera and we were off. I always feel like I'm on vacation when I'm up in Tahoe, it's a totally different world to me from where I wake up every day!! We were bummed Daddy wasn't with us, Travis asked if Daddy was in the other car. I love this beach, it's private, clean and free! Not to mention brings back good childhood memories for me. There were only 2 other families with in sight and with the shower/bathroom and pool facilities right there... you can't beat it.
Travis kept bringing me drift wood. I had a whole pile.
Trevor loved digging in the sand but also liked laying on the shore & letting the waves come up & hit him.
The water was so shallow the boys could have walked out 50 yards and not been in up to their tummies.
Miss Kendra had a good little shell collection going on. She was going to bring them all home again, but at the last minute decided to leave them "so the world will be beautiful for everyone". I was pleased, I think I'm still vacuuming up those tiny things from the 4th of July.
Whoops! Don't get any sand in there Travis!!
Crazy Momma and the boys that make her crazy.
I love that sun kissed skin feeling!
Thank you Papa Jack for letting us use your beach again! We love you and we will be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you to just go and do! It looked like great fun. Tahoe is an absolute wonder. Love ya, Minden Gardners

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have gone with you. Look like you had a great time. mom