Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Zoo

The boys are really into animals these days, so the Zoo was a MUST! They each have their favorites, zoo animals and farm animals. They know the ASL signs for them all and most of the sounds. It's pretty funny to hear and watch. By the way, what sound does a Giraffe make?
When we got there I expected more enthusiasm for the animals right away but the real attraction was the construction trucks. However that was only for a few minutes, then the animals were interesting.
Elephants
Orangatans
Penguins
Uncle Kevin got to come with us. It's always nice to have an extra set of hands and eyes (and being a "kid free" set is just a perk!) My kids LOVE their Uncle Kevin so that just made the zoo that much more fun.
The play park was just as much fun, with things to climb on an in.



Kendra had to tell us the "name" of each animal in reference to the movie Madagascar, and each of their lines. The Zebra was Marty and said "Let's get crack-a-lackin' ". Melmen the Giraffe "Really needed a doctor" and something about a birthday song with the monkeys. This is very funny because she has only seen the movie once, maybe twice.

Trevor called the Cheetah a Cheeto. He was really pacing the fence line and made me a little nervous.
The Prairie Dogs were a favorite of Travis'. You could pop your head up in these holes and see them right up in your face.

4 comments:

The Gang! said...

That Zoo is so much fun!Its look like you had so much fun too!

Lisa said...

1. Kevin, you look really good as a turtle.

2. I can't imagine your kids eating cheetos, so I am sure he didn't mean it.

3. How come I have never popped my head through the prairie dog tubes and I live by the zoo?

Mark Katy said...

Lisa, you haven't done that because it is really hot in there and stinks bad. Maybe you should try it!

Anonymous said...

Look like it was a very fun time for all. I'm so glad you got to go. grammy