Monday, April 20, 2009

Childrens Museum and lunch at Costa Vita

What a Blast! The kids had so much fun. Travis and Trevor can find fun pretty much anywhere, Kendra on the other had really liked having some girl cousins to hang out with for a while. Her and Amanda really hit if off this trip. I think either one could be president someday.

Kendra really likes to say "Barack Obama".

The fire truck was the biggest hit for the boys.
Travis even wore the Firefighter dress up to other stations.

Kendra said her favorite was the school house because Amanda was a good teacher. I think being able to put the dunce cap on Daddy was a factor too. Trevor liked the Africa exhibit - still thinking about the animals from the day before, I am sure.
They all loved the music room. Lots of huge xylophones.
Mark and Katy tried to play a game of chess. But Travis wasn't having any of that!

Henry and James loved it too. OH how I remember that stage!!!
Lunch was quite and ordeal!!! We went to Costa Vita which was just like a Cafe Rio. Mmmmm! This is why we don't do restaurants with any great joy, right now! We were just sitting down and Trevor spilled a cup of water. It was into a tray and fairly easy or clean up. But with in second of that, Kendra's elbow knocked over a whole glass of Lemon aide. It was one of those thing I saw happening I just couldn't reach it in time. What a hug sticky mess!! While trying to clean it up Mark glanced over at Travis, who had snagged a chip from Kevin's plate (he is not to have crunchy stuff as he is still healing from the "pipe in the mouth" incident from last week) but that was beside the point because he was turning blue and choking on it!!! Silverware and high chairs went flying as Mark tried to pick him up and clear is throat. He was fine, just really scared everyone. Later I was comforting Travis as "smart Mom" Lisa reached over and carefully put lids on all our cups and I looked up at Trevor and saw this....

On a normal day I would have been embarrassed by that messy face and cleaned him up right away, but on this day... I laughed and took a picture! He loves black beans! Oh and I think we had one more spilt drink before the meal was over, but that was at Lisa table. ;-)

2 comments:

jewelandfamily said...

Sounds like our experience at a restaurant when we only had one kid. One extra large soda (so Tim and I could share and get our money's worth) and just barely sitting down when the kid grabbed the soda and spilled the whole thing on me, the table, and everything in sight. We were so embarrassed because it was a small place. It covered me so much that I had to go out to the car and dig through our luggage and go in a tiny bathroom to change my clothes.

Anonymous said...

TOO MUCH FUN !!! grammy