Friday, April 10, 2009

A Travis up date and a nod to sisters.

Well the morning started off with blood again, but everything is OK. Trevor just fell off the potty and hit his lip. I was afraid it was a sign for another yucky day. But not the case. I took Travis back to the ENT and he said for sure no stitches and to follow up in a week and to just make sure he keeps eating. That shouldn't be a problem for Travis or should I say if he does, it's a REAL problem. Travis is my biggest eater!! Any way, I was shocked to see the difference of how it looked from the time I brushed his teeth last night to this mornings brushing. TONS better! The mouth just heals so quickly. We still have a road ahead of us, but we're so much better than yesterday!!
I did forget to mention what a BIG helper Miss Kendra was yesterday when I was in a total panic!! She was trying to hand me kitchen towels to stop the bleeding and was also trying her little hardest to keep Trevor out of my way. And when I was putting Travis in the car and waiting for Julie to arrive she was running through the house gathering "things" to help Travis "feel better". After buckeling Travis in I came back in to see this sweet little girl with red eyes trying not to cry handing me all this "stuff" (that I didn't need at the time!) A soft book (Travis LOVES books) two large buttons, a small piece of dried toast and a little car. Her arms were full and my heart ran over with love watching her be so worried about her brother. Trevor was an hour past nap time an just wanted Momma to hold him. But Aunt Julie soon did the trick and was able to get him to take a nap. She was AWESOME. When I came home for all the kayos yesterday she had cleaned my kitchen and even mopped my floor. Thank God for sister-in-laws! and big sisters too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a story. You must know that you are an exceptional Mom and that your kids are very lucky to have you. When I saw Travis last night he seemed like he survived just fine, but on the way home all these thought just kept going through my head ... how did she manage this? what about that? how could she get him to the doctor? where were Trevor and Kendra?
how how how ? Now all my to late to ask questions are answered. Thank-you God for Kendra being the compassionate child that she is and thanks for Julie being there for you and especially, God, thank-you for watching over my Katy. As you know, she is truly awesome. I love you all. Have a safe trip.

The Gang! said...

I am happy that nothing serious happend to your little boy! Jewels is a wonderful person to have in your life! I would have to Agree she is a jewel! But you are too! GlaD YOU ARE ALL SAFE AND SOUND! Hang in there kiddo!

Lisa said...

That is so sweet of Kendra! I am glad you didn't leave that part out.