Thursday, April 9, 2009
Team Devree
Kendra went to the front door this morning to find her "Team Devree" shirt had been finished and delivered. She was so excited and instantly wanted to get dressed for the day. Devree is a young women in our ward that was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. She holds a VERY special place in Kendra's heart, because she was the one that would come and play with Kendra when her world had just been ROCKED by the arrival of TWO new babies! We watched their family blog closely while Devree spent some time at St Jude's Hospital, and Kendra prayed for her daily. When I told Kendra Devree was coming home (for a break from treatments) she gasped and said "Does that mean my prayers worked?" oh the innocence of a child, if only we could all live that way. And I donated 12 inches of my hair, along with some other girls in our ward for a wig for Dev. While She has been home resting before she goes back for more treatment she found some very precious time to come play with Kendra again the other day. I wish I had taken a picture of that. The back of the shirt says it all " Yes, yes you're always gorgeous!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Like I said, Kendrea is an exceptional child. Truly compassionate for others and we so need more of that from eveyone. Yes, I will also pray for your friend Devree to have the inner strength to fight this. love grammy
Post a Comment