Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Here is a day in my life...
It was crazy but it ended with a ton of laughs! So I guess worth it all. Travis and Trevor took turns throwing fits and crying for long periods of time today. To try to break up the on going crying and salvage my sanity I loaded everyone up in the car to go to the grocery store only to have a dead battery. The neighbor helped me get is started and off we were. Kendra has changed some of her eating habits and is trying to become a picky eater. I am not taking that very well so I decided... we will eat our way through the colors of the rainbow. Today was yellow and green. So at the store she was allowed to pick out dinner. (with my approval) She did very well and picked Yellow bell pepper and a lemon and artichoke and pesto tortellini. The boys did great at the store but when we got home the crying set in again so even though it was time to make dinner I loaded everyone up again (I guess I am just trying to escape) but this time in the stroller. We walked to the mailbox and back home. Travis was crying to go home, when we got to the driveway Trevor started crying because he didn't want to go home. Go figure, fraternals! we circled the block agian. When we sat down for dinner, just me and the kids (Mark was at the hospital checking on Dad) and Kendra was all ready for her colorful dinner. Her reaction to the bell pepper was a funky face and "I like to try new things but, that's kinda yucky" Then the lemon was hilarious! She puckered up and said it gave her the "shakes". The artichoke was not ready when dinner started so half way through I checked it again and it still wasn't. Kendra suggested we call Aunt Susie. That was VERY funny because she lives about 30 minutes from the artichoke capital of the world (in the garlic capital of the world) So we called Aunt Susie. As I was finishing the call I mistakenly walked out of the room (to escape more crying so I could hear my aunt) only to return to see both Travis and Trevor sitting on top of the table shoveling pesto sauce into their mouths as fast as they could. OH WHAT A MESS!! Can't wait for bed time! Hope tomorrow has less tears or I might just start adding to them! oh and PS I forgot about the artichoke left on the stove and burned the fool out of my pot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, I am still trying to manage a 3 month old when she is crying. I can't amagin your day.
What a day. Love the idea of rainbow colored foods. You are truly amazing. So now we know the boys like pesto and miss Kendra is not sure about yeeelow peppers! love you all. grammy
Post a Comment