Monday, June 22, 2009

Mother Daughter Night

As soon as the garage door shut & the boys were gone, all the girl fun began!!! I was thrilled, maybe even as much as Kendra was. This was only my 2nd "one on one" with my baby girl since I had the boys. We had both been looking forward to this night for weeks! Kendra was most excited she was going to get to put on make up. What a treat!! We first started with dinner, I was floored when she picked hot dogs!! Oh well it was her night, so off we went to the hot dog restaurant, only to find it closed at 4pm. Awe shucks, what a bummer! Instead we did pizza, fortunately (for me) we have similar tastes in pizza toppings. So a small olive & mushroom pizza it was. While we were waiting, Kendra said she wanted to go to Africa some day. That has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember, to know it was a dream of hers too was very fun. So we did it. We took a trip to Africa. We wondered if they had pizza there & cars & mother daughter nights. As we drove we saw giraffes & elephants & pandas. (even though those are only in China. On the way home we detoured through China) Staci started the evening off with a little lesson on virtue & modesty. It makes it so much easier to raise my daughter with these standards when she has such good examples around her!! Then Jenni gave ideas for different hair styles, and finally it was make up time. I could not hold Kendra back for a second!! I brought all my Beauti Control samples & let the girls loose. I had my back to Kendra for a second only to turn around & find this...







She had put purple eye shadow on her forehead & under her eyes & lipstick well over the natural lip line! The plate full of candy was icing on her cake. I didn't say no to any of it that night. On the way home she said she had too much candy & was going to give the rest of it to the birds. She also got to paint her finger nails. (usually only gets to do her toes.) Not the most modest color but...

I think all the girls had a good time. It is so nice to have opportunities like this.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. You two are so very special to me. love, grammy