Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa Jack


I made a camera cake for a very special person, my Granddad. He is a great photographer, even had his own studio for a while when he was younger. It seems like my whole childhood was spent being a model. "Hold your head this way... turn that way... lick your lips... chin down" he would always say. If you grew up with me that would make you laugh a bit. As I was making this cake I was realizing how times have changed and was remembering how HEAVY his camera bag used to be! I was going to make a film canister to go along with it and realized I was making a digital camera and those little canisters that held my coins, and jellybeans and rolly polies as a child are long gone. However, all those photographs are still around but now we put them on a blog. Happy Birthday Granddaddy! Happy Birthday Papa Jack!


2 comments:

Shana Hamblin said...

That is awesome! Can you believe how talented your are?

Anonymous said...

Katy, you are so very precious to me. mom