Happy Birthday to Momma! What nice gifts you all gave me this year. I love my lavender basket and my new purse and can't wait to use my pedicure gift certificate! Now bring on the I-Tunes Baby!
While singing Happy Birthday and getting ready to blow out the birthday candles (that spelled out KATY don't bother counting them) on my cake, Travis and Trevor, and Kendra tried to help out. One was on each side of me and mid way through the song, Trevor blew out the Y and the T then Travis quickly blew out the K and the A. We all laughed and Mark relit a few, only to have Kendra, feeling left out, finish it off. We all laughed again and I made a wish anyway....by the way it came true!
~*~*~*~*~*~
We always like to go where we call home for the Christmas Light Parade.
We can walk from Mom and Dad's house, but we always park a car by the HWY too, just in case it gets too cold and someone need to jump in and warm up a bit before we head back for hot cocoa.
Travis totally "gets" parades now. He's all in it for the candy! No matter how many times we say "let's wait till we get home to eat the candy" he has lolly pop juice running down his chin or tootsie roll stuck to his face half way through.
Our patriotic child! Trevor was standing by Papa when the Flag came by and Papa asked him what you do when you see the Flag. Papa covered his heart, expecting Trevor to do the same, but with a Momma that has been a scout leader his whole life (and then some) he knows to solute that flag as it passes!
This is also the child that could recite the entire Pledge of Allegiance before his second birthday! Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfKFNd0Unic
And of course the Big Man at the end!
4 comments:
What? No fancy birthday cake for the mama?!
Hey, I took her to Disneyland so I could go on all the cool rides, I mean so she could watch the kids, opps I mean so she could go on cool rides. :)
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y my Katy. I love you soooo much. mom
Post a Comment