When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God, Mosiah 2: 17.

We were told about a family that recently had lost their home and all their belongings in the 49er fire, and that they had a 4 year old little girl that could use some clothes. What a great service opportunity, I thought to myself. I was telling Kendra about the family and before I could even suggest that we give this little girl some of her things, she was up and moving around the house, collecting items that a little 4 year old girl would like. She knew first hand what would make this girl smile. I gathered some clothes and we put all our items together on the dining room table. I was interested and happy to she what she was wanting to give, there were some of her real prized possessions in this collection. She then wanted to write her a letter "because getting mail makes you smile". We took her picture and we tucked it inside with our mailing address. Hopefully Kendra will have a new "pen friend" soon. At the last minute Kendra put a pass along card in the pile of things for this little girl. I felt a lump in my throat when she said it was so that she new that Jesus loves her. WOW!
I hope this family and all the others that have lost their home in all these bad fires find some peace. I am thankful for the opportunity we had to help this little girl and I am thankful that my little girl was so willing to help someone in need!!!
4 comments:
Kendra, I am so proud of you for helping someone you don't even know. I know it will make her smile and it makes Jesus smile too.
Love, Aunt Julie
What a great example Kendra of Christ like love for others who need our help. I know you will make someone smile.
Love Gramdpa and Grandma Gardner
What a sweet little girl!
Kendra, what a great thing you have done, and think how super it made you feel to help someone that you don't even know. You are such a precious precious child and I love you so very much. grammy
Post a Comment