It was supposed to go till 2:00, we got there at 12:35 & they were already packing up & putting things away! I was bummed but tried not to let the kids know that. Kendra could tell though & kept saying she wished we had gotten here earlier. We rushed out of the house so quickly we left the cowboy hats! Oh well. They still had some tractors out, old ones and BIG ones. Trevor loved the big green one; he likes anything green right now. We were able to see several animals:
A quarter horse named Ace. Travis liked his big eyes & Trevor & Kendra fed him some hay.
2 Burros named Butch & Josie. Named only by coincidence but I think it fit pretty well if you ask me. I love the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid!
The goats were put away but we did see sheep and chickens and a rooster and some ducks. The kids got to feed the ducks, green peas of all things!
We also saw a Lama and an Alpaca and learned a bit about them. Did you know they only have teeth on the bottom? How does that work?
We also were able to see some cows, a Holstein calf that after we pet it, it walked away, tail in the air relieving its self. Needless to say that impressed all 3 kids greatly! And a Black Angus cow, so we were educated once again, this time on hamburgers. Kendra may think twice on our next trip to In & Out.
When we got to the car, sanitized & ate some lunch, I asked them each what their favorite part was. Kendra said she liked the sheep, & the alpaca & the rooster even though he surprised her (not frightened her) when he crowed because it was very loud & she wasn't ready for it. Travis quickly said "the cow with a green poopy" I thought it was Trevor that loved green so much! Oh well. When I asked Trevor what his favorite part was & he thought for a second then said "Jumping over the mud puddles" which was kind of a funny response from him as he was the one that when I said "ok jump over the mud" which was almost everywhere, he would really rear himself up to jump as far as he could, swinging his arms waaaay back & EVERY time would land RIGHT ... IN ... THE ... MIDDLE of the mud!! I began to think that is what he was trying to do. They had attempted to soak up some of the water by sprinkling wood chips around & it worked pretty well. The mud was the gooey kind, so it didn't really "splatter" when he jumped into it, just made his shoes yucky. My favorite part was watching the kids learn to rope a steer. That is when I realized we had left the hats. :-( Some "real" cowgirls from the Reno Rodeo were there to show them how. Trevor pretended to be shy & wouldn't do it. Kendra got it right away, first toss & 3 times in a row! Travis got it on about the 3rd or 4th toss. He was SO proud of himself & pulled back hard on that rope! That fixed steer wasn't goin' anywhere!
It was a great day! One for the memory bank! I am SO glad we didn't miss it!
2 comments:
Fantastic photos! Tanner had a great time seeing the photos of Travis (Travis), Travis (Trevor), and Travis (Kendra). We're still working on him not calling all the family Travis :)
For getting there "late" you guys sure seemed to make the most of it! Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. I love Travis pulling back on the rope. Oh, and I think I forget something EVERY TIME I go somewhere, so I am just grateful when it is not something that completely ruins the trip. :)
Post a Comment