Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Library Card for Kendra

The rule at the library is that you can get your own library card when you can write your full name.  The rule in our house was a little different.  Kendra has been able to write her full name for a very long time now, but recently has been writing all 3 names, again and again and again....  papers full of "Kendra Jewell Gardner" all around the house!  So after some education of how to take care of a library book, barrowing and retuning (on time), and reading time rules, we were off to the library to get her own card.  What a big girl!  She signed her own name (but could only fit her first and last on the card, which was a bit of a let down) and checked out her own books!  One picture book and the other the first book in series we are currently reading together and loving, The Petal Fairies.

I love that Kendra loves books!  I hope that love lasts a lifetime!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Kendra Jewell Gardner,
We love you!!!!

Coverley said...

Too fun! I remember MY first library card. It was that small blue square w/ a tiny piece of metal. It slide in a tiny manilla sleeve. I think it was a 1st grade walking field trip or something. Anyone else remember that kind?

Lisa said...

Amanda loves all of the fairy books! She has read almost all of them!