Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum, In A Dish...


Come help Kendra Make a wish!
1...2...3...4...5!!
About 3 years ago I gave Kendra a half a piece of gum... and she swallowed it!. I freeked out! All the myths ran through my mind... It's in her stomach for 7 years now!! Yikes! "NO GUM TILL YOU ARE FIVE!!" Well if you know Kendra, you know that if you say something to her, she WILL remember it! So she is turning 5, and yep you guessed it, bubble gum, bubble gum, here she comes!! (About 2 months ago she got a hold of a piece and put it in her pocket and said she was just going to save it till her birthday.)
Today was her Bubble Gum Birthday Party. She invited 5 little girls (I was careful to inform the mothers that there would be gum chewing at this party)
Getting ready for her party this moring she had to try it all out. First thing this moring she was chewing gum.(even before breakfast) She took it out long enough to take a few bites of food and then it was right back in. She took it out again, just long enough to brush her teeth, not really sure what the point of that was because as soon as she was done... in went another piece.


Kendra, Madelyn, Adah, Kirsten, Raquel, and Aubrey!
The first thing we did at the party was read the book: Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum. by Lisa Wheeler. Then I layed the ground rules: if the gum is NOT in your mouth it is IN the trash can!
We played games:



Opened gifts.


 She recieved 2 hand made Chef hats! WAY CUTE!! One with a matching aprin. Perfect for her Cook Kendra moments! (http://www.kookskk.blogspot.com/ ) She also got a Princess and the Frog Cook Book, LOVE IT! And some 3-D sidewalk chalk and some dress up toys. The chalk saved me because the games I had planed were done in the first 45 minutes, so they all went out side and drew with the chalk and rode the Jeep. (Thanks again Kurth's! It's always a HUGE hit!)
Then inside for some Bubble Gum Machine Birthday Cake! I am SO BUMMED that we forgot the icecream! I surched high and low for bubble gum icecream and didn't find any but came up with what I thought was a really good second ... Itti Bitz. Icecream that looks like little tiny gum balls. I can't belive I forgot it!


One more story: The Gum Chewing Rattler. By Joe Hayes. I wish I had had someone here helping me at this time to video this because the look on the girls' faces when I read this book was priceless!


Over all it was a fabulous party and everyone had a great time!
I can't believe she is turning 5!

5 comments:

lyndarene said...

What an amazing cake!! WOW! Seriously soooo impressive! Cute idea for a party..I bet she loved every minute of it:)

Staci said...

the next time i need a cake made i am totally coming to you! do you know how amazing you are? you are TOTALLY AMAZING in all capital letters! amazing amazing! you blow me away with your artistic abilities. WOW!

Staci said...

the next time i need a cake made i am totally coming to you! do you know how amazing you are? you are TOTALLY AMAZING in all capital letters! amazing amazing! you blow me away with your artistic abilities. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum !!! What a fun party. Happy Birthday, sweetheart. Katy, you did exceptional, AGAIN. Love you both. See you soon. grammy

Shana Hamblin said...

Hey Katy how muc would you charge to make a "Eagle Court of Honor" cake for Noble? We haven't set a date yet, but I have a napkin that I like the design for the cake that I can show you. Call me and let's talk.