The whole point of the party is to show off all the hard work that gets put into making costumes, (and hang with good friends!!). This is one of the things on my list of things that I believe: Halloween cotumes should be home made! It was a Sesame Street theme this year (maybe because we saw it "Live On Stage" earlier in the year, I don't know) Any way
Kendra was Abby Cadabby
You may not know her unless you are a current Sesamee Street watcher, as she is a relitively new charactor. Abby Cadabby is a "fairy in trainng" and ironically has the exact same birthday as Kendra.
He had s great inpression too: "Cooookieee" in a deep, scratchy voice, and his "candy catcher" was Grandma Verley's old wooden bucket cookie jar that said Cookies on the side. He wanted to wear his costume everyday while I was making it, but when it came time for the party he had to be bribed...with cookies to put it on. Then he would not take it off that night, he wanted to sleep in it. So cute!!
Trevor was Elmo.
He loved every minute of it except for the part where a piece of hard candy got all tangled up in his fur. He had an Elmo bucket and would not answer to Trevor. If I called his name he would say "I not Trevor, I Elmo, call me Elmo, Mommy"
I was Big Bird, that was fun, and Mark was The Count, aka Count Von Count.
We also had a genuine Nerd, a Pregnate Jesture and Yoshee. The Ross' are regulars, and it would not have been the same with out them!
Sara (& Baby Girl), Graham & Liam
When some Utah Fans arrived we debated about letting them in, actually they are real BYU fans, the Utah fan costumes were pretty scary! They did however have a BYU cheerleader with them, so we allowed these first timers some slack. Just kidding, we are very glad they came. They aslo had Dorthy and a Super Hero with them and a very cute baby.
Rhys, Erik, Kendra, Seth, Edah, Madelyn.
Waldo made an apperance, but we had trouble finding him. We also had some Harry Potter characters and a Thomas the Train that didn't want to be Thomas the Train any more than Cookie Monster wanted to be Cookie Monster.
Jared, Tim, Tyler, Julie, Tanner & Jason.
A little Mouse with a big shadow had a Michigan Fan and a Bowling Ball with them.
Star, Koa, Maple & Roland.
The party was in the afternoon so it was still very nice weather and all they kids played outside, ate goodies and visted. We missed all the Grandparents and some regular Gardner Haloween Party attendees but we had a good time and enjoyed all the effort put into all the "non-scarry" costumes. That is my favorite part! It's a time to feel like a kid again and play right along side of my kids, visit with freiends and have a good time.
Next year I hope to have my act together better and we look forward to seeing those of you that missed it this year and hope the newcomers come agian. Thanks to all for a FUN FUN time!
3 comments:
Fun party! Next time you should do facebook invites. I can teach you how. I love seeing Mark with Hair!
Cute costumes. Sounds like a fun party.
It does look like it was a fun party. So sorry to have missed it! grammy
Post a Comment