Monday, September 6, 2010

Kendra Gardner is a Kindergartener

I can't believe it, but yes, Kendra is now in school.  Our little baby girl is gone every day from our house and in someones care.  That is a bit strange.  She was very ready, and has been for a year now because many of her friends started last year.  She started to do some reading last year and even said, "can't you call my teacher and tell her I can read?"  That was a year ago, now it is the real deal.  Mom and Dad aren't as comfortable with it as she is, but it is better that way I guess.  On her first day, she walked right up to the teacher and gave her the requested supplies.  The teacher said she could sit down in any chair and color a picture.  She did just that.  It was like we weren't even in the room anymore.  When we decided to leave, she said, okay bye!  We hope she does well.  She can be a little chatty at times, but hopefully she will learn when that is okay to do and when it isn't.  Good luck Kendra, we love you!
                            
Kendra  (2010)                                                                                    Katy (old)

3 comments:

Shana Hamblin said...

So similar the pictures of Katy and Kendra!

jewelandfamily said...

What precious pictures. My favorite is of her hugging each of her brothers (although you're "old" picture of you)

Johnson Family said...

she is going to do better than okay. She is awesome! I am sure you don't need to worry about her at all! She is so cute. Have I told you how much I am loving her hair?